Friday, 5 April 2013

Gin o'clock #1

So, a little bit later than I'd like to be tonight: owing to a rather hectic afternoon and a late lunch/burger, but here I am! Finally G&T in hand and drying my nails.

Tonight I have gone for a generous measure of Bombay Sapphire, dash of tonic (slimline, lets not go mental), slice of lemon and a good bit of ice. I have recently become a fan of having a lot of ice in my gin. I know what you are thinking- doesn't that displace valuable gin space? That's what I thought too, until I had the epiphany that ice keeps ice cold so therefore it melts slower and dilutes the drink less. I just had to buy bigger glasses.

As I mentioned previously, I like to multi-task with gin drinking and nail painting. Todays colour is a failsafe, Essie's 'In Stiches'. A lovely autumnal dusky pink with brown hues. I think what I like most about this shade is the fine line it treds, managing to be both a light and a dark at the same time. Tonight I had quite a large gin and went for three coats, it's been a long day.
















Also, should we be worried about North Korea?

No comments:

Post a Comment